About Straub Medical Center
Founded in 1921, Straub Clinic & Hospital is a fully integrated nonprofit health care system with a 159-bed hospital in Honolulu, a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawai‘i. With more than 300 employed or contracted physicians who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients with expert diagnoses and treatments for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The hospital consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawai‘i, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawai’i Pacific Health, the state’s largest health care provider.
Our mission is to create a healthier Hawaii and because Straub is a part of Hawaii Pacific Health, patients have access to one of the largest health care systems in Hawaii.
Straub is a participating provider with HMSA, UHA, HMAA and accepts more than 150 insurance plans including Medicare and many foreign insurance plans.
- Primary care for the entire family
- Specialty care in Ophthalmology and Dermatology.
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury for infants, children, adolescents and adults
- Physical examinations for children and adults.
- Complete obstetrics/gynecology and family planning services.
- Women’s health services
- Lab testing and on-site x-ray
- Physical therapy services
- DEXA bone densitometer