BY NICOLE MONTON, DINING OUT
Hawaii is still in the midst of its stay-at-home/work-from-home mandate on this Easter Sunday, but that doesn’t mean you and your family can’t enjoy great meals during the religious holiday. Luckily, Koko Marina Center has you covered, thanks to its many eateries that remain open for takeout and delivery service.
“We just hope everyone stays safe and practices the recommendations of the CDC,” says director of marketing Krysti Peacock.
Here are the good eats available at Koko Marina Center for your dining pleasure. (You’re welcome in advance.)
• Pasta-lovers can rejoice because Assaggio Ristorante Italiano is open for pickup and takeout. Grab your favorite Italian dish from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. daily. Call 396-0756 to place your order.
• Fans of all the local faves can look forward to Fatboy’s numerous offerings from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day. Delivery is available after 4 p.m. for households in the Hawaii Kai area, for an additional $5 charge, and curbside pickup is an option, too. Call 394-2373 or visit fatboyshawaii.com.
• Get the best of the best from Greek Marina by calling them at 396-8441 or ordering delivery through DoorDash and Bite Squad. The biz is open from noon to 8 p.m. daily.
• Call in an order to Harbor Village Cuisine at 395-2311 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, and choose from the extensive menu that promises something delicious for everyone in the family. Note: Dim sum service is cancelled during this time.
• In need of something healthy and sweet? Head to Jamba Juice for your favorite smoothie, or try one of the season’s top sellers like Coco Berry Bliss, Tropical Dream and Coconut Lime ($6.49 small, $6.99 medium and $7.99 large). It’s open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day, and you can order by calling 394-0280, utilizing the easy-to-use app, or going through Bite Squad or Uber Eats.
• Kim’s Korean Bar-B-Q serves up amazing plate lunches — like the Kalbi ($15.79), BBQ Chicken ($9.79) or Meat Jun ($10.79) — from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day of the week. Call 395-4888 to place your order.
• Head into Kokonuts Shave Ice & Snacks from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and treat yourself to something sweet (you deserve it). Call in an order ahead of time to 396-8809.
• Get your favorite Japanese sushi staples from Kozo Sushi — open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
— by calling 396-8881 and picking up or ordering through Bite Squad.
• Plate lunches are the name of the game at Loco Moco, and fan favorites include the Chicken Katsu ($8.25 mini; $12.75 regular) and Loco Moco ($8.50 mini; $12.75 regular). Snag your favorites any time from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and a 10 percent discount is offered on pickup orders (call 396-7878).
• Moena Café now offers online ordering on its website (moenacafe.com) and delivery via DoorDash. Patrons can get their brunch on by calling 888-7716 to place orders and for updated hours. And, the café is offering $5 milkshakes with any purchase, and a free $10 gift card with every $100 gift card you buy. For the Sunday holiday, Moena is offering an Easter Family Pack ($80, feeds a family of four) for pickup from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April 12. Included are Mini Banana Chantilly Pancakes, Bacon and Portuguese Sausage, Corned Beef Hash, Scrambled Eggs, Fried Rice and Scones.
• Get an Ohana Poke Pack ($29) from Paina Café any time from 11 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. daily. In addition, opt for personal poke bowls, which are guaranteed to fill your belly and put a smile on your face. Delivery is available through Bite Squad or by phoning in an order to 356-2829.
• With Sophie’s Gourmet Hawaiian Pizzeria‘s three-pizza special, everyone in your family can enjoy their favorite pie. Those who buy three pizzas will get the third at 50 percent off. Call 892-4121 to place an order, or get it delivered through Bite Squad. Sophie’s is open from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays-Sundays.
• Make your next meal a classic with Teddy’s Bigger Burgers, which has updated hours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. Get your favorite locally named burgers by ordering through Bite Squad, Door-Dash or Uber Eats — or get tech-savvy and order through the app for curbside pickup. Call 394-9100.
• Everyone’s favorite eatery — Zippy’s — is offering no-contact pickup service at its takeout counter from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. Order by calling 396-6977 or download the app. Visit zippys.com.
If you made it through that extensive list, then you know there’s something everyone in your household will enjoy, whether they’re craving a snack or a full-on feast.
View a complete list of dining options at Koko Marina Center here.